Supported Independant Living

What is it?

If you require assistance with accommodation, Short Term Accomodation, Supported Independent Living (SIL) and/or Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) are often built into NDIS plans  and are available to consider for your individual situation. If your plan includes these options, you should gain an understanding of what to expect from your provider.

Supported Independent Living (SIL)

As providers of Supported Independent Living, or SIL, we are here to help with or supervise tasks and activities that help develop your skills and encourage them you to live as independently as possible. If you have a disability and are unable to live independently or with your family, SIL gives you the opportunity to receive the support you need in a shared home. 

People who live in SIL receive daily support with tasks including cleaning, cooking, social and medical needs, banking, grocery shopping, attending appointments, and help with personal care such as showering and dressing where required.

Respite Care (Short Term)

Under the NDIS, short term accommodation (STA) replaces what used to be called respite for people with a disability. Short Term Accommodation and Assistance can be both: A short stay in a property with other people or additional support in your own home.

For more information on our accommodation and supported living options, click here.

For further information on Care Support Serve accommodation services,
please give us a call on 1300 198 211 or email